Riegel is an FPGA-based timeless computer.
In order to program the flash (or FPGA configuration SRAM) you will need to connect either a Raspberry Pi, Raspberry Pi Pico, or Müsli to the ISP header and use the ldprog tool. Riegel does not currently ship with a USB bootloader.
We highly recommend purchasing a case along with Riegel as it will help to protect the board, reduce stress on the connectors and likely increase the lifespan. You can find Riegel cases here. You can also print your own case using the design files available on Github.
- Lattice ICE40HX4K FPGA (7680 LUTs, 2 PLLs)
- 32MB or 64MB OSPI PSRAM
- 512KB Static RAM (10ns)
- 32MB NOR Flash (via user-replaceable/upgradeable MMOD module)
- 2 Digilent Pmod™ compatible expansion ports
- 1 MMOD socket
- MicroSD card slot
- USB-C connector
- PS/2 port for keyboard
- VGA port can support at least 640×480 with 8 colors
- 90mm x 40mm board dimensions
- Example gateware, schematics and documentation are available on GitHub
- RISC-V SOC “Zucker” designed specifically for Riegel is available on Github
Designed by Lone Dynamics Corporation. Manufactured in Europe or the United States of America. Tested and shipped from Germany.