Riegel is an FPGA-based computer designed to operate and remain useful for decades (at least).
Riegel will ship with a 32-bit RISC-V SoC and a UNIX-like OS.
While Riegel may be technically capable of running Linux we’re not guaranteeing that this will be achieved and it’s not our primary objective for this computer, if you’re interested in running Linux we recommend Schoko.
Currently available for reservation. Final appearance, specifications, pricing and features subject to change.
- Lattice ICE40HX4K FPGA
- 32MB DDR OSPI PSRAM
- 4MB NOR Flash (via user-replaceable/upgradeable MMOD module)
- 128KB Static RAM
- 2 Digilent Pmod™ compatible expansion ports
- 1 MMOD socket
- MicroSD card slot
- USB-C power-only port
- PS/2 port for keyboard
- VGA port supports 640×480 with 8 colors
- 90mm x 40mm board dimensions
- Includes a 4MB NOR Flash MMOD module
- Includes a 3D-printed case
- Open-source gateware, firmware, schematics and documentation will be made available on GitHub
- Includes Long-Term Support from Lone Dynamics
Designed by Lone Dynamics Corporation. Manufactured in Europe or the United States of America. Tested and shipped from Germany.