The Steg USB-UART protocol converter module provides a bridge between a USB host and a 12-pin Pmod™ compatible socket configured as a UART.
Steg supports two modes:
- PMOD UART to USB bridge
- Stand-alone USB to UART bridge device
Steg also provides 4 GPIO pins that can be read or written to with the (low-speed) USB HID protocol.
Steg is powered by the USB connection and does not provide power to the PMOD connector.
- MCP2200 USB 2.0 to UART Protocol Converter with GPIO
- USB CDC for communications
- USB HID for I/O control and configuration
- Hardware flow control
- Supports baud rates from 300 to 1,000,000
- 256 bytes EEPROM
- No third-party drivers required on most operating systems
- 12-pin Pmod™ compatible header
- Configurable white TX/RX activity LEDs
- USB-C connector
- 25mm x 20.32mm board dimensions
- Schematics and documentation are available on Github
- MCP2200 datasheet