Werkzeug is a USB multi-tool that can be used as a universal programmer, USB-UART bridge, USB-SPI bridge, USB-I2C bridge, USB host bridge, USB-PMOD bridge, programmable GPIO bit-bang device, logic analyzer, debugging tool and a lot more.
Werkzeug is supported by our ldprog software and can be used to program Lone Dynamics FPGA boards and MMODs.
Note: The USB host port capabilities are dependent on open-source software like TinyUSB and Pico-PIO-USB which currently have some limitations. We have successfully tested it with a USB gamepad, your mileage may vary.
- RP2040 MCU (Dual 32-bit ARM Cortex M0+)
- 1MB (8Mbit) QSPI NOR Flash
- USB-C device port (wired to RP USB)
- USB Type-A host port (wired to RP PIO)
- 12-pin Pmod™ compatible socket (8 GPIO pins)
- 20-pin male header
- 12 GPIO pins (3.3V)
- 4 ADC/GPIO pins
- 2 status LEDs (green/red)
- Reset and boot select buttons
- Unpopulated SWD header
- 50mm x 50mm board dimensions (V3)
- Supports drag-and-drop firmware updates over USB
- Example firmware, schematics, pinouts, a 3D-printable case and documentation are available on GitHub
- Werkzeug Reference Card