Eis is an FPGA-based computer designed for timeless applications.
Eis is a slightly smaller reimagining of Riegel with a USB keyboard port and DVI over HDMI video output instead of PS/2 and VGA.
- Lattice ICE40HX4K FPGA
- 7680 LUTs when using open-source tools
- 2 PLLs
- 64MB OSPI PSRAM
- 512KB Static RAM (10ns)
- 1MB NOR Flash (via included user-replaceable/upgradeable MMOD module)
- 1 Digilent Pmod™ compatible expansion port
- 1 MMOD socket
- MicroSD card slot
- DDMI (Differential Data Multiple Interface) port
- Supports DVI output over HDMI cable
- RP2040 MCU (Dual 32-bit ARM Cortex M0+)
- 8Mbit (1MB) QSPI NOR Flash (for firmware)
- USB-C for power and configuration
- USB host port (RP2040 PIO) for keyboard
- 80mm x 40mm board dimensions
- Example gateware, schematics, documentation and a 3D-printable case are available on GitHub
- RISC-V SOC “Zucker” with support for Eis is available on Github
- There is fork of the iceZ0mb1e Z80 SOC with support for Eis
- Component Datasheets (PDF)
Designed by Lone Dynamics Corporation. Manufactured in Germany. Assembled, tested and shipped from Germany.